Sunday, March 15, 2009

Lesson 2 - Grocery Shopping

OK, so I learned that grocery shopping is a LOT harder than it looks. Props to all the moms and dads who go grocery shopping for families (planning meals for 8 people is ridiculous!). Even worse, I had to make them healthy; my dad would be so proud of me. Just a couple of notes on grocery stores...
1. Why are aisle headings so vague? Why can't they say, for example, taco seasoning, aisle 3? It took us 10 minutes to find it...it would take less time to fall asleep in physics class!
2. How come things can't tell you how much it will fill you up? I have no idea how many tacos a pound of ground beef makes (seriously, I had to call my mom to find out). It should say "makes [this many] tacos" or something along the lines of that nature.
ANYWAY, my first real grocery shopping experience was pretty successful. With help from Brittany, Frances, and Alex, we got food for almost the whole week, for eight people, for under $150! I was pretty impressed...but we'll see how much food we actually have once Matthew and Denton get their hands on it!

2 comments:

  1. Aww...that SO CUTE that Doug thinks there will be ANY food at all once Matt and I get our hands on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Matt's mother. Now that he is back, I guarantee you will be shopping again within the next 24 hours.

    ReplyDelete